Life Comes at You Fast!

Yesterday I had one of those life comes at you fast moments! We took the young women to the River Jordan Temple to do baptisms for the dead. Side note- I actually drove! Yes that is the greatest distance I have driven since October 13, 2008! I don't think Kaelyn had fun following me (I missed the turn into to the Gateway and we had to pull an Edward Cullen) But I actually drove! Yay Me! Anyway, back to my moment...Tayler got to go do baptisms. Thing is just the other day (it seams) My Mom took me as a Beehive to the Logan Temple to do baptisms. I remember how scared I was and how glad I was my Mom was my leader and that she was going with me. I could tell Tayler was nervous but she did so good. The older girls in our ward were so kind and helpful with the younger girls. It was a really neat experience. I just couldn't believe that I was my mother now and Tayler was me! It is just crazy how fast life goes. Here is a picture of me with my brother and sisters when I was about Tayler's age! And here is one of Tayler with hers! Wow have the styles changed! no comments please on my hair... I already know!





We then went to the Gateway and ate and then walked...yes walked to the conference center and watched the General Young Women's meeting. We didn't have tickets but Sister Marchant stood in line for two hours by herself and got us tickets clear down at the bottom. It was so kind of her! It was a very good meeting. Then we walked back to the car. We stopped at Barnes and Nobles and I bought some more books! I love buying books! That is crazy huh? When we build a new house I am going to have to have a library! That is for sure! We left at 12:00 and got home at 9:30! It was a long but great day.

That morning I had went to breakfast to celebrate Melissa's birthday. It was fun to talk to my friends I don't get to see much anymore because they all moved away. It was nice getting together and we, for sure, are going to have to do it more!

Today I am thankful for the gospel, my church calling, my family, a good husband who helps me so much, and good friends... I am not however thankful for the white stuff falling from the sky!

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a great day for you and Tayler. Your YW group is such a fun group of ladies. Natalie is a sweetheart for standing in line like that and Kaelyn really brings the life to the party.

As far as breakfast goes . . . thanks for the invite?! Glad you had fun.

Julie said...

YOU are a great part of Young Women's too. I miss you so much in Primary. Thanks for being such a good example.

Hess Bunch said...

Sounds like you had a great day! :)

The Holmgrens said...

My hair so looks the most decent.

Sherri Madson said...

I am glad you had a great experience! (Driving and all!)