Another Exciting Moment

We had another exciting moment in my classroom today... I am just giving the students tons of moments to laugh at me. We were talking about the different methods scientist use to date fossils. Well... instead of saying it all scientific, I say... "there are two ways to date a fossil." The kids start laughing... and one says, "A fossil would be a boring date!" "Does it like to go out for spaghetti?" "You can just call it on the phone and ask it out." "Or you could just text the fossil." I of course am trying to keep a straight face, because I can just picture someone taking a fossil out on a date for a spaghetti dinner! What silly seventh graders I have!

5 comments:

Amber :) said...

That's too funny - I can totaly see the "boys" we went to school with responding the same way...doesn't it just sound like Clint, Bud or Roberts?

Amber :)

Julie said...

That is cute!

Sherri Madson said...

Gotta give them credit....they are not slow!

Hess Bunch said...

Pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey- I think there are some fossils that might be more fun than some dates I have had. :0) Ofcourse not with Jake! :0) Have a good day!