What is the Big Bopper Magazine?


Julie, this is for you! What is the Big Bopper Magazine? Maybe BE girls just weren't as cool as BR girls. Maybe you just didn't have these in Brigham.

Bop (magazine)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bop magazine is a monthly American entertainment magazine for kids 10 years of age and teens. It began publication in the summer of 1983 and is published by Laufer Media, which also publishes Tiger Beat magazine. Popular features include articles, mini-mags, interviews, and the Fly Free To Hollywood contest, where readers had to correctly guess the stars, whether it's identifying their eyes, finding their names in a word search, or identyifying them by their hair (the photos had the celebrities with their faces blocked out). A spinoff magazine, Big Bopper, also called "BB", was released in the fall of 1986. Bop and Tiger Beat are very similar, as they share an editor and they both include the same news and sometimes the same posters.

I had a subscription to Bop and Big Bopper. I totally loved Big Bopper back in my Middle school days. It had pictures of Johnney Depp, Kirk Cameron, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, etc. I use to hang the posters all over my walls and drive my Mom nuts for putting holes in my walls.

Apparently they still have this magazine. I should get my kids a subscription!

6 comments:

Biffy said...

I loved Bop! I remember you and Amber always had it and I was always so jealous!

Hess Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hess Bunch said...

I remember the Bop magazine. I used to love reading it.

Julie said...

I don't remember what I was going to write because I'm wondering WHO got deleted?

Interesting . . . however, you are totally right. BR girls must have been more 'in the know' because it is still not ringing a bell. But, you did remind me about Kirk Cameron, whoa - he was soooo cute. The only thing I read was Seventeen.

Jamie Kent said...

I didn't delete anyone, they must of deleted themselves!

Hess Bunch said...

I was the deleted comment, because I had mispelled and said Bob magazine instead of Bop magazine. I didn't want to look dumb, but I do anyway. : )