A Weird Christmas Eve

This was my first Christmas Eve without my Grandpa and strange it was. Every year since I was born, I have spent Christmas Eve with my Grandma and Grandpa, except for the year they were on their mission.

My first Christmas with Grandpa


I have a cute Grandma and Grandpa


Last year at Christmas Eve, yep they are still cute!


I kept thinking I could hear his voice, it was weird, I wasn't hearing anything. It was just other people talking, it just seamed like he should be with us. I wonder what he was doing tonight?

Here we are at dinner.






He use to read us the Christmas story every year. This year I got elected to read it. It is tough being the oldest grandchild and it was tough not to cry, because he read this to me every year since I can remember! We had the kids help set up the nativity and they soon ruined the spirit, which was good, so I did not feel like crying anymore.




This is my awesome brother Jake and sister Lisa who think I forgot about them because I didn't mention them in my look alike post. But I just don't get told that about these two. Anyway, I love them too! Lisa is so wonderful, she had to work tonight. It is tough being a nurse and having to leave your family on Christmas Eve, but someone has to do it!



My Grandpa made us play bingo every year and complain we would! This year he would be so proud, we all played and no one complained! I am so thankful for my family! I don't see my cousins much so it was good to talk to them.



Who knew Bingo could be so much fun?



Well, maybe not all the time!




My Grandma


I won utinsels! Yipee!


Look what Kayden won!


My mom gives us all pajamas every year and we open them on Christmas Eve. My camera died so when one of my sisters emails me some pictures, I will post those. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comments:

Hess Bunch said...

Way cute post! Fun memories. I'm sure your grandpa was there playing bingo right along side you. : )