Everyone needs a friend, even if you are a Christmas Cactus. I love my friends, they help me feel happy when I am sad. I have had this Christmas Cactus for about 4 years. The last couple of years it has not bloomed. I was in Walmart the other day... with some of my friends and I got the best idea! My cactus needed a friend! I bought another cactus and brought it home to be with the sad cactus. My friends thought I was a nut! They told me to quit singing to it because that was the problem and bunch of other crap! Anyway... low and behold the sad cactus is blooming! I know it is because it has a friend. So this Holiday Season, I hope we can all be like the new cactus and help others bloom! (You all know I am sarcastic right?)
Here is the cactus on December 4, this is when I noticed the buds.
Here are my two cacti, side by side today, December 12... how precious! Any day, those buds are going to open! Don't worry, I will keep you posted!
I love plants! Without them, we could not survive. I was forced to take this Botany class when I was in college... I think it did strange things to my mind.
10 months ago




7 comments:
A friend was exactly what it needed. Plants are people too, well, you know what I mean.
I have a Christmas Cactus that was an offshoot from my Grandpa - it has never bloomed either. I must need another one ;-)
Klay's mother had a Christmas Cactus that had been passed down from her grandmother. I didn't know a house plant would live that long! I think his sister may have it now. Last time I saw it - the thing was a monster. It only makes sense that it needed a friend (either that or a drink of water?)
I understand the whole talking and singing to plants thing. RB and I do it too. We even name them. Very cute Christmas cards. Where/how do you do them? Is is on the net or a computer program you have?
you are so funny! that is great! thanks for always being my friend, even though that dang imaginary line devides us! I hope you guys have a great holiday!. Taylee loved playing with Kenz at the game on Wednesday!
I am glad your cactus is happy now! Tell both of them to have a Merry Christmas!
What a great idea! You are soooo smart! I just give my plants miracle grow (no blooms though).
Post a Comment