The Things I will Miss the Most




1. I think my Grandparents have the most amazing smiles, I will miss their smiling faces together.
2. Seeing my Grandpa sitting in his chair through the front window.
3. Driving past his house, seeing him working in the yard & honking at him so he jumps.
4. His Sunday afternoon popcorn & orange juice.
5. BINGO on Christmas Eve.
6. Him telling me to quit biting my fingernails.
7. Giving him a kiss on the cheek & a hug when I leave his house.
8. Hearing him say he prays for me EVERY night.
9. Knowing I always had a good speaker for a sharing time.
10. Listening to his gross War Stories.
11. Listening to him speak at church or at a fireside.
12. Having him ask me if I am being good.
13. Giving me cucumbers and tomatoes from his garden.
14. Seeing him in his seat at the BR football games.
15. Riding with him to the BR State games (crazy driver at times!)
16. Seeing him across the court at a BR basketball game.
17. Listening to him talk to Ryan about football.
18. Listening to him read the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve.
19. Making cucumber boats with him & my kids.
20. Having him tell me, "sometimes we just have to do things we don't want to do!"
21. His April Fool's jokes.
22. Just knowing I could talk to him whenever I wanted.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I think it was cute what you wrote about the things you will miss! Grandpa's are wonderful, mine died in 1996. He lived next door to me, so we were close. My thoughts are with you and your family. Love ya

Anonymous said...

OK....so now I know why you were so sad last night! But, you know, those are such incredibly wonderful memories, you are incredibly blessed to have them. You are a great lady, and now I know some of that comes directly from such wonderful grandparents! Love ya! Sherri

The Holmgrens said...

We have the best grandparents. I will miss most of those things too.

The Holmgrens said...

I just want to see if my picture comes up now.