Wheat & Beet Days have been one of my favorite times of the year since I was just a little girl. We always watched the parade at my grandparent's house. My Grandpa and Grandma were usually in the parade. We would always go up to the park to watch the all star games or eat dutch oven dinner. My Grandpa coached the all star game a lot of the time. One year my Grandpa coached and my Mom and my Grandma played in the game. We would watch the fireworks either at the park or at my Grandma's house. This was the first year my Grandpa wasn't alive to share the fun with me. It is funny what you miss when you don't have it anymore. The firefighters gave a tribute to my Grandpa before the fireworks. My Mom, My Aunt, My Sister Natalie and I went out to represent him. It made me cry. I am so glad I have such a wonderful Grandpa. I hope I can be just half the person he was. I didn't even know he was a fire fighter. I am finding out so many things about him I didn't even know. For Christmas this year he gave all of us a copy of his history. I am so thankful for this gift now. It means more to me now, then I ever thought it would.
As part of the fun this year, Kenzie and I went on a helicopter ride. This is a picture my friend Sherri took of her house. Her house is the one at the end of the road. Anyway, that is my lot right next to her house. Doesn't my dirt look nice? Maybe one day we will actually be able to put a house on the dirt. Kenzie loved the ride except when the helicopter turned she would scream. We all had headsets on so we all got to listen to Kenzie scream in our ears!
10 months ago




2 comments:
It was sure a fun ride though! I think the pilot liked hearing Kenzie scream!
I was up at my mom's that day too! I saw Melissa in the parade - I should have walked down to your Grandma's but that didn't even cross my mind. I did however, stop and get my kids snow cones and thought of you (because you'd mentioned once in your blog they were the best). They were good :-)
I loved the parade (it made me miss my small town) but what was up with the Hi-Steppers riding in the back of a truck?! Come on ladies. . . we want to see some dancing!!
Post a Comment